Health Promoting Schools
(Need picture here)
St Francis NS has been actively involved in the Health Promotion Programme since we opened as it underlines our strong commitment to health. We have always been a health promoting school and we work together with staff, pupils and their families and outside agencies in a planned way to promote the health of everyone in the school community.
Who is involved?
- The children (particularly the School Council).
- The HPS Initiative working group.
- The school community through the questionnaire.
Our Health Promotion School plans include:
- Promoting the health and well-being of pupils.
- Enhancing the learning outcomes of pupils.
- Upholding social justice and equity.
- Providing a safe and supportive environment.
- Involving pupil participation and empowerment.
- Linking health and education issues and systems.
- Addressing the health and well-being issues of school staff.
- Collaborating with parents/guardians and the wider community.
- Integrating health into the schools’ ongoing activities, curriculum and assessment standards.
- Setting realistic goals built on accurate data and sound evidence.
- Seeking continuous improvement through ongoing monitoring and evaluation.