Due to Covid restrictions we have not set up a student Council for 2020-21.
As soon as the restrictions ease, a Student Council will be elected.
For 2019-2020 the St Francis Student Council members were:
6th Class: Sophie and Gonzalo
5th Class: Merrin and Wiktoria
4th Class: Klia and Conor
3rd Class: Annie and Cormac
The Student Council is made up of 2 representatives from 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th classes.
These representatives are usually elected by their class to serve on the Student Council for the year.
School Council meetings take place approximately every 4 weeks and are usually overseen by Brigitte, and the minutes passed on to the School Principal.
The role of the Student Council is to:
• provide an opportunity for pupils to voice their opinions and offer suggestions in relation to many aspects of school life
• discuss issues relevant to our school and encourage and promote initiatives from the pupils
• offer an opportunity for all pupils to voice their opinions on proposed changes and thereby play a very significant role in improving our school
• act as a channel of communication within the school organisation, between pupils and between home and school
• encourage pupils, and thereby their parents, to organise events central to the life of the school
• provide an opportunity to raise funds for charities or for specific school initiatives
Other tasks carried out by the Student Council include:
- Recording the weekly WOW (Walk on Wednesday) and deciding the monthly winner of the Golden Boot Award
- Organising the re-cycling corridor in school and promoting our Green ethos to the pupils in every class
- Looking after the school Lost Property and organising Uniform Swap Shops
- Promoting different school initiatives to pupils (e.g. Team Hope Shoebox Appeal, Super Troopers Programme, MS Readathon, School Book Fair, etc.)