The Student Council is made up of 2 or 3 representatives from 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th classes. These representatives are usually elected by their class to serve on the Student Council for the year.
School Council meetings take place approximately every 2 weeks and are usually overseen by Brigitte.
The School Council elects from its representatives two “Captains”, one boy and one girl.
The role of the Student Council is to:
• provide an opportunity for pupils to voice their opinions and offer suggestions in relation to many aspects of school life
• discuss issues relevant to our school and encourage and promote initiatives from the pupils
• offer an opportunity for all pupils to voice their opinions on proposed changes and thereby play a very significant role in improving our school
• act as a channel of communication within the school organisation, between pupils and between home and school
• encourage pupils, and thereby their parents, to organise events central to the life of the school
• provide an opportunity to raise funds for charities or for our School Fund.
This year our School Council Members are:
6th Class: Tara and Oisin
5th Class: Catherine and Kian
4th Class: Kate and Mateuz
3rd Class: Ellen, Anna and Emmet