* * *NEWS * * *
All paretns of St Francis NS are members of the Parent’s Association.
Monthly meetings are held in the school (usually on a Wednesday evening) and parents are notified in advance via the school Facebook Page and via Komeer message.
What is a Parent’s Association
The Parent’s Association forms an integral part of our school community and a dedicated committee works hard throughout the year on tasks including:
• Maintaining communication with all parents via the school Facebook Page
• Organising information/social events for new parents to the school
• Organising welcome events for new pupils to the school
• Arranging talks on topics of interest to parents, e.g. guest speaker on parenting/discipline etc
• Preparing school handbooks/calendars
• Providing support/organisational input to major school events, e.g. Inter-cultural Day, Healthy Eating Day, First Holy Communion, Confirmation, etc
• Channelling parents views on school policy issues to the school Principal and Board of Management
• Contributing to school newsletter
• Helping to organise and supervise extracurricular activities
• Organising Fund Raising Events for the school
Each parent of a child enrolled in the school is automatically a member of the Parents Association and the active participation of a large number of parents is necessary to maintain the level of parental support our school so desperately needs.
Meetings are held monthly and notification will be sent to parents via the school newsletter, Facebook page and website All are welcome.
For further information please contact:
PA Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
CHAIRPRESON: Meadhbh Moore (087 283 8348)
DEPUTY CHAIRPERSON: Edith Ojo (089 457 9890)
SECRETARY: Charlene Jervis (085 837 3858)
TREASURER: Eleanna Vallely (087 273 2973)
PRO: Claire O’Keefe (086 801 1938)
All the above officers were elected at the PA AGM on 21st October 2019.
The PA also has a class rep system with a Parent Representative in each class acting as a liaison between the PA and the parents.
These Class reps look after the WhatsApp Group for each class, which is a chat group exclusively for parents in the class to discuss any class related issues.
If you are not a member of your child’s class group, please message your relevant class rep.
The reps for this year are:
Sixth Class: Caroline Walsh (086 775 4051)
Fifth Class: Mwape Musonda (089 252 7066)
Forth Class: Justine Roffey (087 356 0867)
Third Class: Georgina McCabe (087 230 8444)
Second Class: Fionnuala Griffin (086 173 4403)
First Class: Paula McGuinness-Smith (087 459 0335)
Senior Infants A: Rachel Walsh (087 660 2976)
Senior Infants B: Elanna Vallely (087 273 2973)
Junior Infants A: Susan Walls (085 724 5039)
Junior Infants B: Meadhbh Moore (087 283 8348)
Where does our fundraising money go?
Just some of the items that the Parent Association funded in the last 12 months :
- Bee-Bot Robots for Junior classes
- IZAK9 Maths Resources for all classes
- Scratch Coding classes for 2nd to 6th classes
- Internet Safety Training for all classes
- Internet Safety Talk for parents
- Mindfulness for 6th class – preparation for moving up to Secondary School
- € 1,500 donated towards the purchase of STEM resources throughout the school
- € 2,500 raised from Scholastic Book Fair which will entitle the school to book vouchers in the coming year
- Reception Party in school for families of pupils making their First Holy Communion
- Reception party (in conjunction with the other schools in the parish) for families of 6th Class pupils making their Confirmation
- Easter Egg Hunt for Infant classes