The National Education Welfare Board (NEWB) are the government body assigned to ensure that children are attending school and their welfare is being met. Schools must take the attendance each day. When a child is absent, a school must state the reason to the NEWB. However, the reason must come in writing from the family. We understand that it might be easier for parents to fill in an online form rather than sending in a written note to the teacher so we created an online absence form.
Absences Due to Covid-19
It is really important that we all follow the advice of the HSE at this time. This extract is taken from the above document. If one of the following is true, do not send your child to school and ring your GP for advice.
- a temperature of 38 degrees Celsius or more
- any other common symptoms of coronavirus – a new cough, loss or changed sense of taste or smell, or shortness of breath
- been in close contact with someone who has tested positive for coronavirus
- been living with someone who is unwell and may have coronavirus
- an existing breathing condition that has recently got worse
You will need to:
- Isolate your child from other people – this means keeping them at home and completely avoiding contact with other people, as much as possible. Read advice on self-isolation
- Phone your GP – they will advise you if your child needs a coronavirus test.
- Everyone that your child lives with should also restrict their movements, at least until your child gets a diagnosis from their GP or a coronavirus test result. This means not going to school, childcare or work.
- Treat your child at home for their symptoms.
- Your child should only leave your home to have a test or to see your GP.
Please fill in the form below
If your child has received a negative Covid-19 test result, please send a screenshot of the negative result to the school mobile No 085 862 3532. Thank you.