** NEWS ** NEWS ** NEWS ** NEWS **
AGM 2018: Wednesday 17th October, 7.30pm, School Hall
A reminder that the AGM of our Parent Association will take place next Wednesday, 17th October @ 7.30pm.
We have open roles on the Committee and we need nominations. Parents have an important role to play in school life and all our children benefit greatly from the efforts of the PA.
We would like to encourage more involvement in the committee, and we are asking for nomination’s from each class.
Having a role on the committee is a brilliant way to get to know the school, its ethos and is a great way to meet other parents and to proactively support your child’s learning environment. It is not a huge time commitment. We will have 5-6 meetings in the coming year.
Please can you email directly your nomination to the PA at email@example.com by Friday 12th October.
What is a Parent’s Association
The Parent’s Association forms an integral part of our school community and a dedicated committee works hard throughout the year on tasks including:
• Maintaining communication with all parents via the school Facebook Page
• Organising information/social events for new parents to the school
• Organising welcome events for new pupils to the school
• Arranging talks on topics of interest to parents, e.g. guest speaker on parenting/discipline etc
• Preparing school handbooks/calendars
• Providing support/organisational input to major school events, e.g. Inter-cultural Day, Healthy Eating Day, First Holy Communion, Confirmation, etc
• Channelling parents views on school policy issues to the school Principal and Board of Management
• Contributing to school newsletter
• Helping to organise and supervise extracurricular activities
• Organising Fund Raising Events for the school
Each parent of a child enrolled in the school is automatically a member of the Parents Association and the active participation of a large number of parents is necessary to maintain the level of parental support our school so desperately needs.
Meetings are held monthly and notification will be sent to parents via the school newsletter, Facebook page and website All are welcome.
For further information please contact:
Chairperson (Currently vacant) *
Paula Stapleton (Vice Chairperson) Tel: 086 814 0588
Lynda Putz (Vice Chairperson) Tel: 087 982 2297
Bronagh Ferguson (Secretary) Tel: 087 249 4035
Kathleen Blanchet (Treasurer) Tel: 085 175 4277
Haryanna Alencar de Mangeat (PRO) Tel: 087 701 0061
*It was decided that all committee members work together to fulfill the vacant chairperson role, according to their time and availability
All the above officers were elected at the PA AGM on 25th October 2017.
The PA also has a class rep system with a Parent Representative in each class acting as a liaison between the school and parent body. The reps for this year are:
Sixth Class: Patricia Matthews (087 313 6198)
Fifth Class: Caroline Walsh (086 406 3477)
Fourth Class: Mwape Musonda (087 321 3737)
Third Class: Justine Roffey (087 356 0867)
Second Class: Georgina McCabe (087 230 8444)
First Class: Fionnuala Griffin (086 173 4403)
Senior Infants: Paula McGuinness-Smith (087 459 0335)
Junior Infants A: TBA
Junior Infants B: TBA
Where does our fundraising money go?
Just some of the items that the Parent Association funded in the last 12 months :
- Scratch Coding Classes for 2nd to 6th Class
- Internet Safety Training for all classes
- Internet Safety Talk for parents
- Mindfulness for 6th class – preparation for moving up to Secondary School
- € 1,500 donated towards the purchase of STEM resources throughout the school
- € 2,500 raised from Scholastic Book Fair which will entitle the school to book vouchers in the coming year
- Reception Party in school for families of pupils making their First Holy Communion
- Reception party (in conjunction with the other schools in the parish) for families of 6th Class pupils making their Confirmation
- Easter Egg Hunt for Infant classes