* * *NEWS * * *
10th December 2018
At the Principal’s Festive Coffee Morning, the PA presented Mrs Lawless with a cheque for €2,750, proceeds from recent fundraising initiatives.
This money has been allocated for the purchase of:
1. Bee-Bots for the Junior Classes
Bee-Bots are exciting little robots designed for use by young children. This colorful, easy-to-operate, and friendly little robot is a perfect tool for teaching counting, sequencing, estimation, problem-solving, and just having fun! For more information on Bee-Bots click here.
2. IZAC9 – Maths Teaching Resource
This is an immersive, multi-media rich, active maths learning device designed for use by children in Primary Schools in all classes. For more information on IZAC9 click here.
Pictured with Oreena Lawless are outgoing PA secretary, Bronagh Ferguson and PA Deputy Chairperson, Edith Ojo.
Watch the video below for a summary of last years PA activity and plans for 2018/19
What is a Parent’s Association
The Parent’s Association forms an integral part of our school community and a dedicated committee works hard throughout the year on tasks including:
• Maintaining communication with all parents via the school Facebook Page
• Organising information/social events for new parents to the school
• Organising welcome events for new pupils to the school
• Arranging talks on topics of interest to parents, e.g. guest speaker on parenting/discipline etc
• Preparing school handbooks/calendars
• Providing support/organisational input to major school events, e.g. Inter-cultural Day, Healthy Eating Day, First Holy Communion, Confirmation, etc
• Channelling parents views on school policy issues to the school Principal and Board of Management
• Contributing to school newsletter
• Helping to organise and supervise extracurricular activities
• Organising Fund Raising Events for the school
Each parent of a child enrolled in the school is automatically a member of the Parents Association and the active participation of a large number of parents is necessary to maintain the level of parental support our school so desperately needs.
Meetings are held monthly and notification will be sent to parents via the school newsletter, Facebook page and website All are welcome.
For further information please contact:
PA Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Lynda Putz (Chairperson) Tel: 087 982 2297
Edith Ojo (Deputy Chairperson) Tel: 089 457 9890
Position Vacant (Secretary) Tel:
Elanna Vallely (Treasurer) Tel: 087 273 2973
Haryanna Alencar de Mangeat (PRO) Tel: 087 701 0061
All the above officers were elected at the PA AGM on 17th October 2018.
The PA also has a class rep system with a Parent Representative in each class acting as a liaison between the school and parent body. The reps for this year are:
Sixth Class: Patricia Matthews (087 313 6198)
Fifth Class: Caroline Walsh (086 406 3477)
Fourth Class: Mwape Musonda (087 321 3737)
Third Class: Justine Roffey (087 356 0867)
Second Class: Georgina McCabe (087 230 8444)
First Class: Fionnuala Griffin (086 173 4403)
Senior Infants: Paula McGuinness-Smith (087 459 0335)
Junior Infants A: Rachel Walsh (087 660 2976)
Junior Infants B: TBA
Where does our fundraising money go?
Just some of the items that the Parent Association funded in the last 12 months :
- Bee-Bot Robots for Junior classes
- IZAK9 Maths Resources for all classes
- Scratch Coding classes for 2nd to 6th classes
- Internet Safety Training for all classes
- Internet Safety Talk for parents
- Mindfulness for 6th class – preparation for moving up to Secondary School
- € 1,500 donated towards the purchase of STEM resources throughout the school
- € 2,500 raised from Scholastic Book Fair which will entitle the school to book vouchers in the coming year
- Reception Party in school for families of pupils making their First Holy Communion
- Reception party (in conjunction with the other schools in the parish) for families of 6th Class pupils making their Confirmation
- Easter Egg Hunt for Infant classes