** NEWS ** NEWS ** NEWS ** NEWS **
Upcoming PA Events
- Monday 26th February to Friday 2nd March – Scholastic Book Fair in school all week, facilitated by the PA
- Saturday 10th March – “Clean For Cake” School Spring Clean – all welcome!
- Wednesday 21st March – Parish Confirmation. The reception for the 3 schools of the parish will be co-ordinated by the PA of St Francis NS this year
- Summer term – date TBA – Sponsored Walk.
- June 2018 – Backrock Raft Race
Past PA Events
Paula Stapleton (PA Chairperson) and Kathleen Blanchet (PA Treasurer) present a cheque to the school Principal, Oreena Lawless, aided by Junior Infant pupils, Lydia.
This cheque is from money raised by the summer fete and is specifically for the purpose of equipping the new Junior Infant classroom with IT for pupils. Many thanks to all who support our PA.
What is a Parent’s Association
The Parent’s Association forms an integral part of our school community and a dedicated committee works hard throughout the year on tasks including:
• Maintaining communication with all parents via the school Facebook Page
• Organising information/social events for new parents to the school
• Organising welcome events for new pupils to the school
• Arranging talks on topics of interest to parents, e.g. guest speaker on parenting/discipline etc
• Preparing school handbooks/calendars
• Providing support/organisational input to major school events, e.g. Inter-cultural Day, Healthy Eating Day, First Holy Communion, Confirmation, etc
• Channelling parents views on school policy issues to the school Principal and Board of Management
• Contributing to school newsletter
• Helping to organise and supervise extracurricular activities
• Organising Fund Raising Events for the school
Each parent of a child enrolled in the school is automatically a member of the Parents Association and the active participation of a large number of parents is necessary to maintain the level of parental support our school so desperately needs.
Meetings are held monthly and notification will be sent to parents via the school newsletter, Facebook page and website All are welcome.
For further information please contact:
Chairperson (Currently vacant) *
Paula Stapleton (Vice Chairperson) Tel: 086 814 0588
Lynda Putz (Vice Chairperson) Tel: 087 982 2297
Bronagh Ferguson (Secretary) Tel: 087 249 4035
Kathleen Blanchet (Treasurer) Tel: 085 175 4277
Haryanna Alencar de Mangeat (PRO) Tel: 087 701 0061
*It was decided that all committee members work together to fulfill the vacant chairperson role, according to their time and availability
All the above officers were elected at the PA AGM on 25th October 2017.
The PA also has a class rep system with a Parent Representative in each class acting as a liaison between the school and parent body. The reps for this year are:
Sixth Class: Margaret Carroll (087 659 8821)
Fifth Class: Patricia Matthews (087 313 6198)
Forth Class: Caroline Walsh (086 406 3477)
Third Class: Mwape Musonda (089 316 5681)
Second Class: Sofia Lucchesi (086 306 6350)
First Class: Georgina McCabe (087 230 8444)
Senior Infants: Caroline Feffer (087437 005)
Junior Infants: TBA
The PA has an excellent school Facebook page which is updated several times a day with news, photos and links and is carefully administered by our Parent’s Association. For safety reasons, it is obviously a closed group so you will need to send a friend request. We strongly urge all parents to join. Parents are asked to not use the School Facebook page to send private messages to staff.